If you have ever been part of the conception of any website or app, you must have heard of Figma.
As Web3 Island Makers holds digital products at its core, the DAO invites all members to participate to a series of 6 online workshops to get started and level up their Figma game and deliver the Website/App designs you dream about.
Here are a few questions you might have about this journey:
- Why Figma?
- Is it for me? What’s the program?
- What’s the difference with another online course?
- Who is my instructor?
Let's dive in.
This design tool has become a must for any design project.
From the skeleton or wireframe to the high-definition screen ready to be developed, Figma is now well integrated in the workflow of many product teams, entrepreneurs and UI or UX designers.
It offers a wide range of features like animating your frame, the use of plugins, or the help of the community resources.
Is it for me?
This workshop is for you if you are:
- An entrepreneur willing to design your own website or app
- A product owner/manager willing to have a hand on the Design workflow
- A developer willing to contribute to the UI/UX of the product you work on
It is overall a beginners level bootcamp taking you from little or zero Figma knowledge to a beginner Designer level, able to deliver development-ready screens.
Bonus: If you are an experimented Designer and just want to attend a specific workshop for the content of that day, you are welcome as well.
What’s the program?
The program will cover all basic features and some advanced features of Figma.
A group dynamic will be set from the first workshop - read What’s the difference with another online course?
Here’s the program:
- Workshop #1 - 11/10 - 2h || GETTING STARTED Design workflow, from inspiration to delivery Setup Figma for my project Projects presentations Features: frames, shapes and layers Peer review
- Workshop #2 - 25/10 - 2h || DESIGN CLEAN SCREENS Basic layout principles Auto Layout Vectorial pen Peer review
- Workshop #3 - 8/11 - 2h || BUILD A PROTOTYPE Animations Prototyping Peer review and 1st publication
- Workshop #4 - 22/11 - 2h || SCALE MY DESIGN Components Variants Design system Peer review and 2nd publication
- Workshop #5 - 06/12 - 2h || ITERATE WITH USERS Extend my sources of inspiration Feedback loops Agile product design
- Workshop #6 - 20/12 - 2h || DELIVERY Design as a discipline How to build a style guide? Final peer review and 3rd publication
What’s the difference with any other online course?
- A real instructor here for you: It’s live and limited to 10 students per workshop, so your instructor is largely available to assist you and provide 1:1 follow up in between sessions.
- It is very practical and personalized for you to improve the design level of YOUR project. Your instructor will adjust the content to your actual business/career goals.
- Design In Public & Peer review: The group will publish their work on 𝕏 and within the Web3 Island Makers community to gather insightful feedback on their production.
- Visibility: The final outputs and projects of participants can be published within Web3 Island Makers channels.
- Your instructor: Tristan Bochu is an entrepreneur and Product person before anything. He will make sure that your time and deliverables actually benefits your project and career. Read Who is my instructor?.
Who is my instructor?
Tristan Bochu is a tech person, entrepreneur and product builder. Across industries and ventures, he’s covered all the design spectrum:
- Conceptual UX design
- Graphic design for marketing and communication
- Brand design
- Product UI design for BtoB and BtoC businesses
He will onboard you to Design as a discipline: from finding inspiration, to delivering development-ready screens and iterate with key users.
Expect to go out of your comfort zone and embrace a new path for your product and career.