Hey thanks for tuning in. We're mid-summertime, playa is calling... Taking a break? Next year maybe.
🏝 Flash Summary
- Galleon enters Buildspace acceleration program
- Galleon passes critical team size of 20 contributors
- Vote for the game-changing “Roles V2” proposal
- Vote for JuanMa as a Shaper (proposal)
- Vote for 2 other minor proposals P0021 and P0022
- Platform change / downtime
Galleon starts Buildspace acceleration program
Our first baby has been selected to BUILDSPACE S4 🎉
Buildspace is a new generation school for entrepreneurs. They animate a now famous 6 weeks acceleration program that help founders from all around the world bringing their passion to life.
The 3 key advantages there’s for Galleon:
- Very wide community of builders. More than 10K participants in that S4. For us it is the opportunity to connect with other brilliant minds. Learn from each other and get an extended visibility.
- Short & delivery-oriented program. It’s mostly about committing and showing weekly progress. Which can be a good a fantastic discipline for this key moment of our adventure.
- Buildspace team feedback, guidance and energy. Led by Farza Majeed, this new generation school has raised $10m with a16z a year ago to find and support the best creators and entrepreneurs out there. We can trust their experience.
This journey is going to be intense! Support the Galleon team with all the love and energy you can during that period, they’ll need it! 💜
All the best to our champions out there, you’re gonna rock it guys, yeeeheee!! 💪
Galleon passes critical team size of 20 contributors
With various levels of experience and various specialties they join the squads of Marco and Surajdeep to crack the code of Community Building, Funneling and Awareness for the project.
In addition to our previous hires 2 weeks ago, we totalize 20 members in the Galleon team now. With everyone’s availability, we calculated 6 full-time equivalents!!
Honestly, we’re all set.
Now it’s about onboarding them smoothly, and delivering.
Again: we’re super happy to have you guys, feel free to interact with other Makers and enjoy the space 🙂
Voting: Roles V2, a major governance change
If you are absolutely unaware of “Roles V2” you’re catching up at the right time!
It’s a major improvement of our governance foundation.
Changes have been applied to Maker and Shaper roles, and a third role is created: Carver. Here’s a summarize table of how it will work:
The very main takeaway: We’re gathering the most active members into an intermediate community circle with higher benefits and a paid access.
These changes will be implemented if the proposal P0020 - Roles V2 passes ; it is currently being voted on Snapshot 🗳️
Voting: JuanMa as a Shaper - Finally!
Our local pride and mascot JuanMa is finally making it to the next level of engagement with Web3 Island Makers.
If you don't know him already:
- JuanMa is before everything, a Canarian friend, rooted and in love with his islands 🇮🇨
- he's an experienced DeFi user and NFT collector
- worked for years as an Ambassador for Kucoin Community Chain
- he joined and supported the community early 🤍
- he mostly contributed on establishing relationships with local network as well as web3 potential partners 🤝
JuanMa joins the Shaper team as "Head of Public Relations".
Some mid-term objectives he wants to direct his efforts to:
- Consolidate our position towards the business and institutional partners of the islands
- Help on Galleon 🏴☠️
- Foster the training of new developers in Canarias
- Matching community members for new ventures
Can you find him on that rare picture of a Jan. 2023 Crypto Tapas?
Other minor changes that we’d be grateful that you cast your vote for:
- P0021: This proposal consists in making mandatory the detailed oral presentation of a proposal before it's submitted to any vote (weekly campfire or dedicated session). Snapshot link.
- P0022: This proposal consists in sunsetting our inactive Telegram channels and focus solely on our Discord server until further notice/expansion. Snapshot link.
Reminder: this is where you find all WIM’s proposals 🙂
Platform change / downtime
As announced 2 weeks ago, we are in the process of migrating our NFT minting process from Mintkudos (they’re shutting down) to our own app.
Mattia and Titi are developing a smooth interface where members will get their Maker, Carver or Shaper NFTs. You can already check it out in production, we’ve made good progress, one of the roles is already available for purchase.
As Mintkudos is closing 5th of August, and the service isn’t ready yet, we might experience a short downtime in our registration process of a few days where it will be difficult to onboard new members.
Picture of the week:
LLM? Vectorial databases? This is an AI meetup, in La Laguna, 2 weeks ago. You might recognize Ferran from Criptonesia, Heavy Duty Builders team - picture taken by Steve.
Why this picture?
AI is picking up, that’s a euphemism. We’re collectively developing a taste for it. Should we also set a foot in that space? Definitely… Watch out builders, we might soon extend the community to new uncharted waters…
- Marco still doesn’t know how to sing
- Titi spent 3 days in his bed because of blocking his neck
- Hemen prepares a business trip to Colombia because Doprax becomes too demanding
- Seth and Steve are exploring the installation of an LLM-dedicated server for the community
- We thought that Martina had disappeared, but she reappeared
- Pablo and Titi are having fun within the Netizens NFT community
- Mattia is still working 50% naked during video calls