These following steps show you how to nominate an inactive node and make it active.
Why would you nominate an inactive node?
- When a "Pending" validator becomes “Active”, the algorithm attributes a lower amount of $CAPS, which leads to a higher APR.
- Because it doesn't cost you anything. If you nominate both active and pending validators, you’ll still receive rewards thanks to the active ones.
- Download the Nova Wallet here: https://novawallet.io/ (always check the URL)
- Follow the process by entering your Ternoa seed phrase.
Once on the Nova Wallet homepage select the "staking" tab.
Scroll down and click on "your validators".
Then click on "change" on the top right corner.
Choose "select by yourself".
Click on the 🔍 "search" icon on the top right corner.
After DYOR about nodes:
- Copy the node address and paste it into the search bar.
- Tick the box of the node you’ve chosen.
In this tutorial, we will be using the address of CORNUNODE-01:
Click on "done" on the top right corner.
- Sign the transaction.
You’ve completed all the steps and are now nominating an inactive node that may become active with your help.
This tutorial is brought to you by Cornucopien